Luxury Auction of Highgate Estate & Gardens on 2.36 acres near Lake Oconee
Highgate Estate & Gardens with Restored Victorian Home on 2.26 acres in Greensboro, GA
Event Center, B&B & Restaurant Space Potential
Now Receiving Offers!
Call Amy at 404.734.3606 for information
Beautifully Appointed Estate Home, Exquisite Gardens, Indoor and Outdoor Event Spaces with Easy conversion to Full Service Restaurant
Offered Two Ways
The sellers have lowered the reserve pricing for both options
The Real Estate only option at $975,000 OR
The turn key option, which includes all Furniture, Decor, Fixtures and Equipment, at $1,054,500.
Sealed Offers by Oct 2, 2020
Offered With or Without all Personal Property and Equipment
301 W Greene Street, Greensboro, GA 30642 (Greene County)
Sale Manager: Amy Martin, 404-734-3606 or AmyMartin.Auction@BHHSgeorgia.com
- Beautifully Appointed Estate Home with antique charm and modern updates.
- 2.26 acres of Exquisite, lush gardens, and walkways with stunning visual appeal
- Chef's Kitchen with Thor Kitchen Professional Gas Range, Frigidaire Professional Column Refrigerator & Freezer Set with island seating
- 3rd floor bedroom with ensuite and large walk-in closet.
- Detached Cottage with loft bedroom, full bath, living room and large additional room.
- Cottage with living space and bath "The Cabana"
- Move in Ready with abundant Potential!
- Indoor and Outdoor Event Spaces with Easy conversion to Full-Service Restaurant
- Conveniently located 10 minutes from Lake Oconee and nearby Ritz Carlton Hotel provides extra accommodation.
- An easy walk to downtown Greensboro to visit the local craft brewery-Oconee Brewing Company, antique stores, an artisan marketplace, restaurants, and clothing boutiques.
We at Seller Choice Auction team are pleased to partner with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices GA Properties agent Marta Rodriguez to bring you this wonderful luxury property! This is Not a Bank-owned Property. Located in the Rural and Federal Opportunity Zone, this Elegant 3-story Victorian Estate is nestled on 2.26± acres of exquisite lush gardens and walkways. The site is rich in history and continues to be an important part of the Greensboro, Georgia community. It is one of the oldest and most beautiful of Greensboro architectural treasures. In addition to the restored original home, the property includes a total of six (6) buildings totaling 14,000± Sq. Ft. located throughout the private, level, landscaped, and wooded lot; numerous gardens; gazebo, pergola and waterfall; lawn irrigation system; well-manicured and maintained lawn and gardens; gravel parking areas; granite stone drive from the 1930’s; and cobblestone and concrete walkways.
Rural and Federal Opportunity Zone tax incentives are available for further expansion of the Event Center as well as improvement to the space and the home.
One of the ways you can bid on this estate is as a turn-key business opportunity that allows you to open for business immediately! If you choose to bid in that fashion, All furnishings remain with the sale of the Event Center, all items located in the indoor pavilion, the home, outdoor patio, groom's cottage, cabin, down to every last fork and spoon.
The Grand home, a 210 year old Southern Manor, features a rich history blended with several upgrades offering 6 bedrooms,5 full baths, and one 1/2 bath. The style of the home incorporates the Greek Revival Style of the first half of the 19th century and the French Version of the Victorian Style. This home combines old world charm with all the modern amenities including 7 Fireplaces, a recently remodeled and upgraded gourmet kitchen, upgraded electric, and new windows. Three HVAC units cool the home. The first and second floor units were purchased in 2017 and the third floor converted attic living space unit was installed in 2011.
The home is beautifully appointed with a mix of fine antiques, stained glass, art and decor. If you choose to bid on that option, Everything stays with the home. The roof of the main house was replaced in 2012, and the home features a wraparound Veranda which has recently been restored with new lumber and extra reinforced supports and a new roof in 2017.
The porch leads you to a soft flowing walkway to the Sunken garden with a seating area where you can listen to the trickling water fountain, relax and meditate.
Among the grounds you will find :
Garden Folly or Outdoor Wedding Chapel - The garden area has a natural slope for amphitheater style seating. The Chapel itself can and and been used as a stage. The chapel creates a beautiful frame for a wedding. Bands have performed here with buffet dinner and tables and chairs set up on the grass. The possibilities abound.
It’s just a short walk to the separate Standalone Men and Womens’ Restrooms ( built in 2008 /approx. 288± sqft.) adjacent to Chapel Garden.
Like to Entertain? The Indoor Event Pavilion or Private Party space inspired by the classical Parisian Renaissance style of architecture, is approx 6,500±sq.ft., and has seating for 150 guests. The space has been noted as having
“Perfect acoustics” features a full-service judges panel bar, a large separate dining area for closed off private parties, 2 restrooms and was built in 2009.
A Partial new roof was added on the backside in 2017.
In 2018, the following upgrades were made:
• Caterer's kitchen added
• Elevated Dance floor with surround sound was expanded
• Full Service Bar was added
• A concrete floor was poured in the Left Wing and a retaining wall built in the Right Wing.
• A wall with two pocket doors was built in the Left Wing, dividing a portion of the Left Wing into a separate room.
• A four zone sound system was installed.
• 14 Daikin wall unit HVAC's in the pavilion, • 9 purchased in 2012 • 5 purchased in 2018 (including one in the caterer's kitchen)
The Caterer's Kitchen (15’ x 20’) in the Pavilion can be converted into a full-service Kitchen and is easily accessed by the staff from the back parking .
The 2-story Groom's Cottage, built in 2018 and totaling 919±sqft features a living room, bedroom, full bathroom, and large storage area which can be accessed by a walkway from the caterers kitchen. There are 3 Daikin wall unit HVAC's in the Grooms Cottage, purchased in 2018.
The Magnolia Terrace which was added in 2018 can easily seat up to 80+ guests. This is one of the few, and one of the largest, outdoor terraces that any restaurant in the Lake Oconee area would have. You and your guests can sit under the amazing Magnolia trees with their spreading branches and Magnolia blooms. A perfect spot for Wine tastings, whiskey tastings, as well as guitar players, string quartets, solo vocalists, etc. This is especially appealing now that outdoor dining is being pushed due to social distancing.
The Office in the parking lot was built in 2018. 12' x 20' for a total of 240± Sq ft. and features a Pure Air Packaged Terminal Air Conditioner in the Office, purchased in 2018.
A detached bedroom/lounge cottage, which includes a full bathroom, was converted from a garage to a bedroom in 2002. A new roof was added in 2018 Approx. 360± sq ft.
In May 2019, a concrete walkway was poured connecting the granite walkway, the side porch of the house, the bedroom/lounge cottage, the octagonal storage shed, the back driveway and the patio for the chapel bathrooms. In addition, concrete was poured from the gate to the street of the back driveway. The remainder of the back driveway is gravel.
GreeneCounty Tax Parcel# G060000020
2019 GreeneCounty Taxes $3,767.29
According to the FEMA Flood Maps the subject property is located in Flood Zone “X.” The subject property is identified on FEMA Map Panel: 12005C0335H – Map Date: 06/02/2099.7 Outside the 100 and 500-year floodplains. No BFEs or depths are shown within this zone.
- Lake Oconee Academy( k-12- Charter school , a part of Greene Co system)
- Nathaniel Greene Academy( Private K-12)
- Elementary School Greensboro
- High School Greene County
- Middle School Anita White Carson
Also available to the new owners:
- Transferable contract for termites
- Transferable biannual HVAC services
- Adjacent Parking lot which, is not owned by but, has been rented by the current owners of Highgate who installed electrical here for lighting the lot
~70 miles east of Atlanta via I-20
~60 miles west of Augusta via I-20 (Masters tournament)
~30 miles to UGA, largest university in Georgia
~Less than 10 minutes to Greene County Regional airport
~10 miles to:
1. Lake Oconee, the second largest lake in Georgia. Visitlakeoconee.com gets 40% of the motel tax of Greene county for promotional advertising. In 2019 that totaled approximately $500k. There is a huge push to make Lake Oconee a vacation destination.
2. Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee., lake front hotel. The only Ritz Carlton in GA outside of Atlanta.
Reynolds Lake Oconee. 12,000 acres of lakefront property, featuring six golf courses, a sporting ground, 10 dining venues, four full-service marinas, gated community.
3. Harbor Club. A southern living inspired community. 1,000 acres, 9 miles of Lake Oconee shoreline. Fourth on Golfweek’s 2017 State-by-State Best Courses you can play in Georgia. 18-hole Weiskopf-Morrish-designed golf course. Gated community.
4. Del Webb at Lake Oconee. Gated, golf-cart, active adult community. The only Del Webb in the nation with direct lake access.
Highgate is conveniently located at exit 1-30 off I-20 halfway between Atlanta and Augusta. It is an excellent location for Corporate Events, Indoor or Outdoor Weddings or concerts, UGA Social Events, Garden Tours, Wine tasting or casting for the Movie Industry.
320 West Lanier Avenue Ste. 110
Fayetteville, GA 30214
Office Phone: (770) 719-9400
Direct (678) 815 5687
BHHS GA Properties Georgia Auction Company GAL#3157
Amy Martin GAL #2837